Please enter search criteria
1. I am at least 18 years of age. I am entering this Textbook Rental Agreement (“Agreement”) with the College Store of my own free will. I will return the Rented Materials to the College Store, located on the SCC Main Campus.
2. RENTAL FEE REFUND. Rental Fee refunds will be granted until January 24, or January 31, 2020. Refunds for late starting classes will be granted through Friday of the first week of instruction with proof of enrollment (see below for refund dates). There are no refunds for 1-5 day classes after the start of class. The book needs to be returned in the same condition as when it was rented, along with the original receipt. I have through Friday of the first week of instruction to decide if I would like to convert the rental into a regular purchase. If so, I will pay the difference between the retail price and rental fee.
3. FAILURE TO RETURN. If I fail to return the Rented Materials by the Rental Return Due Date of Friday, May 22, 2020, or return them in an unsalable condition, I authorize the College Store to charge the following Failure to Return Fees to my credit card on file:(1) replacement fee (retail book price less rental fee paid), PLUS (2) a processing fee of 20% of the retail book price. Retail book price is based on the retail book price at time of rental. The College Store is not responsible for reminding me of the Rental Return Due Date. I understand that returns will not be accepted after the Rental Return Due Date and that once the Failure to Return Fees are paid, the book is mine to keep. The Failure to Return Fees are in addition to the original Rental Fee.
4. CREDIT CARD DECLINED. If I fail to return the Rented Materials by May 22, 2020, and my credit card is declined, I understand that the store will put my records on hold and send my account to a collection agency. The store will charge me, in addition to the Failure to Return Fees, a $39.00 service fee for each book not returned. Plus I may incur additional fees by the collection agency. My records will not be released until all outstanding fees are paid.
5. CONDITIONS UPON RETURN. Minimal highlighting and pencil writing in rented textbooks is permitted. However, rented materials must be returned in complete and salable condition. This means the spine is intact, there is no damage and all component parts of the book must be present. WATER DAMAGE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. I am responsible for any loss or theft of the rented materials. CDs included in a rental book must be returned in undamaged condition with that book.
6. CARD AS SECURITY. I will not cancel or exceed the purchasing limits of the credit card on file until the Rented Materials are either returned to the College Store or the Failure to Return Fees are paid.
7. TAX. Normal tax rates will apply.
8. I have until January 31, 2020 to decide if I want to convert my rental to a regular book purchase by paying the difference minus the rental cost from retail.
9. RENTAL RETURN DUE DATE: Friday, May 22, 2020
Tue., May. 26, 2020 – As a courtesy, the store will allow one business day grace period for returns.
Wed., May 27, 2020 – The store will still accept the book and an additional 10% of the retail book price will be charged as a late fee.
Thurs., May 28, 2020 – The book is no longer returnable and the Failure to Return Fees will be charged.
I agree to the Textbook Rental Agreement terms and conditions. I certify that I have read & understand the terms of this Agreement.
It is the renter's responsibility to check book for WATER DAMAGED. Renter has 5 days from date of receipt to exchange if damaged.